Monday, September 6, 2010

Getting Back in the Groove

I can't believe how unsettling it is to have one of your children out of the house. My daughter has spent her first week at college and has made a great adjustment. I am not certain her mother has made the same adjustment. What does a mother do who is missing her daughter? Plan a trip to Goodwill or visit an Estate Sale.


I snatched up this great little silver tray and vintage millinery flowers.


This is the most beautiful bottle opener ever! I love grape patterned silverplate.


I found this wonderful wooden tray which I am going to paint white and distress. It will become the foundation for a great shabby table display.


Lastly, I was creative with a few of my vintage finds. The cake stand and cloche are part of my collection. With a little inspiration from a photo from Jeanine's blog at Chippy Shabby, a few of my recent vintage finds and a little natural material, I created this awesome still life. The variety of whites and creams are just the right combination for the naturals and silver pieces.

I plan on being more creative and focused this week. Check back to see what I have done.

3 comments:

  1. The wonderful thing about grown children is...they keep coming back!!! LOL
    My daughter & 5 year old grandson have been living with us for over a year now. I adore it, getting to see my baby boy everyday & he loves me soooooo, but somedays I'd like to relive that feeling of an empty nest...could be nice, but i know I too will miss them when they go!
    Smiles Mommy & just keep shoppin!!!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you in a comment you made about heading to Germantown for flea market.
    I may be headed that way myself. I am in western Manitowoc County.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cloche Mary!*!*! ~ YOU are soooo artistic - great details...
    Jeanine, ChiPPy!-SHaBBy!

    ReplyDelete