Sunday, November 28, 2010

More Creative Uses for Vintage Papers

Once I looked at the old vintage papers, I was inspired to continue creating.

I made vintage sheet music pinwheels and added silver and gold German Dresden snowflakes and added a glittered butterfly.



The ornaments look adorable on this lovely little tree made in Western Germany. I couldn't believe I found two of these trees on the shelf at the local thrift store for $3.00.

In among the sheet music was an old church hymnal from 1929. Many hymns were in Latin. I fashioned lovely little angel ornaments from the hymnal pages, folding the skirts and added vintage chenille pipe cleaners for arms. I used German scrap faces and beautiful gold German Dresden halos and wings. I made two sizes. A great place to get the German Dresden trims is Blumchen's. The on-line catalog has many wonderful supplies. When it comes to Christmas I love anything vintage and German. Aren't these angels adorable?


As I was folding paper, I realized I could fashion aprons. I used pages from my grandmother's 1934 cookbook and added some vintage cotton rick rack and ribbon apron strings. These became perfect ornaments for two kitchen trees. I used vintage tin cake pans for the stands, added my perky little apron ornaments on the branches. I had several old spice boxes, so I ran a piece of jute twine under the lid and made a few spice box ornaments. I made the little candy peppermints by cutting 1/2 inch strips of white and colored wool. I put on a little glue to hold the two pieces together and rolled the two pieces and secured the end with some more glue. All that was left was to attach a string hanger and hang these "no-calorie sweets" on the tree. The little "elf" perched on top of the tree is a wool ornament my mother made.



A plate full of the little "wool goodies" my mom created.


I hope to do a little holiday decorating this week. I love Christmas and will share all my holiday decorating ideas with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment